PROCLAMATION OF THE DIVINE EXCHANGE
1. Jesus was punished, that we might be forgiven.
2. Jesus was wounded, that we might be healed.
“Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed” (Isa53:4-5).
3. Jesus was made sin with our sinfulness,
that we might be made righteous with His righteousness.
"He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God in Him" -2Cor5:21
4. Jesus died our death, that we might receive His life.
“But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone” (Hebrews2:9).
5. Jesus endured our poverty, that we might share His abundance.
“For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich,
yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich” (2Cor8:9).
6. Jesus bore our shame, that we might share His glory.
“Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God” (Hebrews 12:2)
7. Jesus endured our rejection, that we might have His acceptance with the Father.
“He predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He has made us accepted in the Beloved” (Ephesians1:5,6).
8. Jesus was made a curse, that we might possess His blessing.
“Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree") that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus” (Galatians 3:13,14).