Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?
75% of people are chronically dehydrated.
In 37%, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
* Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
* Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
*One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a recent study.
* Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
* A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
* Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
* Drinking coffee, tea or other drinks is not a substitute for drinking water.
Without water life is impossible.
Jesus described the Spirit as living water that He freely makes available to us to drink: 'Let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely' (Rev 22:17).
'Jesus cried out, 'If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water' (John 7:37,38).
Yet so many Christians are going around dehydrated because they are not drinking in the Spirit. The Bible says that we are to 'be being filled with the Spirit' (Eph 5:18). This will cause us to be spiritually strong, healthy and full of God's life.