*We can know if healing is God’s will by looking at JESUS, for He is the WILL of GOD in action.
a) Jesus is the Word of God - the exact expression of God the Father. A Person reveals what he is really like by his words and actions. “In the beginning was the WORD (Jesus) and the Word was with God and the Word was God...and the WORD became flesh and dwelt among us” (John 1:1,14).
“The Word became flesh and blood and moved into the neighbourhood. We saw the glory with our own eyes, the one-of-a-kind glory like Father, like Son, generous inside and out, true from start to finish. John pointed Him (Jesus) out and called ‘This is the One! - the One I told you was coming after me but in fact was ahead of me.’ (John 1:14 - The Message)
b) Jesus is the Exact Image of the Father:
“Philip said, Master show us the Father, then we will be content.
Jesus replied: Philip you’ve been with Me all this time and you still don’t understand? TO SEE ME IS TO SEE THE FATHER” (John 14:9 - The Message).
c) Jesus said about Himself that He was God’s will in action.
“I can’t do a solitary thing on my own...I’m not out to get my own way but only to carry out the will of the Father Who sent Me” (John 5:30 - mixture of NKJ and the Message)
“I came down from heaven not to follow My own whim but to accomplish the will of the One Who sent Me” (John 6:38 - The Message).
“Then Jesus said to them: ‘When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I AM and that I do nothing of Myself but only as My Father taught Me...” (John 8:28 - NKJ).
*Jesus came to heal all who would receive (believe):
“God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with (healing) power; who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with Him” (Acts 10:38).
* The Purpose of Jesus’ Ministry was to fully restore man - in spirit, soul and body: “For this very purpose the Son of God was manifested that He might destroy the works of the devil (including sickness)” (1 John 3:8).
* Jesus’ Ministry reveals God’s willingness and desire to heal everyone.
“Great multitudes came to Him, bringing with them those who were lame, cripples, blind, dumb, and many others and they laid them down at His feet and he healed them (all), so that the multitude marveled as they saw the dumb speaking, the crippled restored and the lame walking, and the blind seeing; and they glorified the God of Israel” (Matthew 15:30-31).
“When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: "He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses" (Matt 8:17).
* Jesus’ Ministry shows God’s compassion for the sick - for His very Nature (LOVE) is to heal.
Healing is a manifestation of God’s love and compassion applied to man’s body.
1. “And when Jesus went out He saw a great multitude; and He was moved with compassion for them, and healed (all) their sick” (Matthew 14:13,14).
2. “Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every (kind of) sickness and every disease among the people. But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd” (Matthew 9:35).
3. He raised the widow of Nain’s son from the dead (Luke 7:11-16). “When the Lord saw her, He had compassion on her and said to her, "Do not weep." Then He came and touched the open coffin, and those who carried him stood still. And He said, "Young man, I say to you, arise." So he who was dead sat up and began to speak. And He presented him to his mother.”
4. When 2 Blind Men cried out: ‘have mercy on us’, Jesus had compassion and touched their eyes. And immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed Him’ (Matthew 20:29-34).
5. Jesus said to the Gadarene demoniac that he had just delivered, "Go home to your friends and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, how He had compassion on you"(Mark 5:19).
6. The Leper: “Now a leper came to Him, imploring Him, kneeling down to Him, saying to Him, "If You are willing, You can make me clean." Then Jesus, moved with compassion, stretched out His hand and touched him, and said to him, "I am willing; be cleansed." As soon as He had spoken, immediately the leprosy left him, and he was cleansed” (Mark 1:40-42).
* Jesus’ Ministry shows God’s healing is freely available to whosoever comes to Christ and touches Him with the touch of faith. Jesus never dispensed healing grudgingly, healing some but turning others away saying it was not God’s will to heal them.
The Woman With An Issue of Blood for 12 Years: “A woman who had suffered a condition of haemorrhaging for 12 years - a long succession of physicians had treated her, and treated her badly, taking all her money and leaving her worse off than before - had heard about Jesus. She slipped in from behind and touched His robe. She was saying to herself: ‘If I can put a finger on His robe, I can get well’. The moment she did it, the flow of blood dried up.’ She could feel the change and knew her plague was over and done with. At the same moment Jesus felt energy discharging from Him. He turned around to the crowd and asked ‘who touched my robe.’ His disciples said ‘what are you talking about? With this crowd pushing and jostling You, You’re asking ‘who touched me? Dozens have touched You!’ But He went on asking, looking around to see who had done it. The woman, knowing what had happened,
knowing she was the one, stepped up in fear and trembling, knelt before Him and told Him the whole story. Jesus said to her: ‘Daughter you took a risk of faith, and now you’re healed and whole. Live well, live blessed! Be healed of your plague’ (The Message - Mark 5:25-34).
She had a long-standing untreatable condition that only got worse, making her desperately weak and ceremonially unclean (a social outcast). She had lost everything and had no hope: “But when she HEARD OF JESUS (His willingness and ability to heal) SHE KEPT SAYING TO HERSELF: ‘If I may just touch the hem of His garment I shall be made whole.”
So she touched Jesus with the TOUCH OF FAITH and was healed. This story shows that healing is ‘on tap’, that it is freely available for whoever believes, comes to Jesus and receives. As electrical power is always available by the Generators for us to plug into, so God’s healing power is now available through Christ because of His death and resurrection. By faith we make contact with that power so that it flows into us. That is what this woman did without even making a special request of Jesus for healing. If He had not made healing available for all to receive, she could not have just come and receive it as she did. Jesus did not tell her off for stealing it!
Rather He commended her for her strong faith that caused her to overcome all
obstacles both without and within. She shows us to be bold in coming to Jesus for healing - not to be deterred by outward circumstances or feelings, nor discouraged by the voice of unbelief and false doctrine that says Jesus does not heal today. Jesus has not changed:“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever” (Hebrews13:8). God has not changed: "For I am the LORD, I do not change” (Mal 3:6). He is still Love. He is still our Healer (Exod 15:26).
The Ministry of Jesus proves GOD’S WILL IS HEALING. This was confirmed when He told the Church to continue His ministry of healing (Mark 16:18, John 14:12, James 5:14-16) and as a result in Acts we see Jesus healing through a believing Church. This is a model for how the Church should be today. Our mind must be renewed to the Word so that God’s healing power can flow freely. Think like this: God is a good God. He wants me well.
HEALING PRESCRIPTION (take 3 times a day).
1. Read Psalm 145:8,9: “The LORD is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy. The LORD is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works.”
2. Confession: “The Lord is good to me and full of COMPASSION.
The Lord is good to me and His MERCY to me endures FOREVER.”
3. Meditate on the Ministry of Jesus (use the scriptures already given).