Ministering the INFILLING OF THE SPIRIT.
1. The Promise of the Holy-Spirit.
Jesus promised that after His death, resurrection and ascension He would send the Holy-Spirit to help and empower us to live the Christian life and continue His work in the earth.
John 14:16,17: “I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever, even the Spirit of truth...”
John 7:37-39: “Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink (receive). He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would RECEIVE; for the Holy Spirit was not yet GIVEN, because Jesus was not yet glorified”
2. The Personality of the Holy-Spirit. He is a Person and has to be invited to fill us. It is your choice, He is willing to fill (control) you, but it is up to you to RECEIVE Him and then YIELD to Him. Ephesians 5:18: “be (being) filled with the Spirit.”
3. The Presence of the Holy-Spirit. God has now already GIVEN the Holy-Spirit to every believer. Now it is up to us to receive God’s free-gift by faith.
*Acts 2:1-4, 32,33 He was POURED out by Christ on the Day of Pentecost.
*Now it is up to us to RECEIVE (Acts 19:2, 8:15,17).
*Therefore anyone saved is ready to immediately receive the Spirit (Acts 2:38,39)
4. Power through the Holy-Spirit (Acts 1:8). He empowers us to minister (as with Jesus -Luke 3:22,4:1,14,18), to be built up spiritually (Jude 20, 1Cor 14:4), pray and praise (Romans 8:26,27, 1Cor 14:2,14,15), We maintain this fullness of the Spirit and keep this power active by praying daily in tongues.
5. Praying for the Holy-Spirit
*Come to God in simple faith, believing you receive the Spirit (Luke 11:9-13).
*You don’t need to fear receiving the wrong kind of spirit (Luke 11:9-13).
* “When I lay hands on you, release your faith and receive the Holy-Spirit."
Say in your heart: “I am receiving the Holy-Spirit right now.”
*Open your mouth to drink in the Spirit (don’t talk), and get ready to speak in tongues. When the Spirit begins to move upon you, lift up your voice and praise God, speaking out the words the Spirit is giving you (whatever it sounds like) loud enough so that you can hear. Say nothing in your own language!
6. Praying in the Holy-Spirit.
Expect the Spirit to put supernatural words on your lips (that don’t come from your understanding) because He wants to help us to pray and praise God from our spirit. You will have to speak out these words yourself in cooperation with the Holy-Spirit. After receiving the Spirit, you yield your tongue to the Spirit.
*It is you that speaks in tongues: Acts 2:4, 10:46, 19:6, 1Cor 14:2,4,5,14,15,18
The Spirit gives the utterance, but you do the talking, you must give voice to it.
He promise to you is: "Open your mouth and I will fill it."
**NOW PRAY and BELIEVE you RECEIVE Him, and then YIELD your lips and SPEAK His words.